Friday, December 09, 2011

Ian Stewart

On the day that the Angels acquired the best hitter (Albert Pujols) and the best pitcher (C.J. Wilson) on the free agent market, the Cubs got...Ian Stewart.

OK, guys. I'm trusting you. It goes against my nature, but I'm trusting you. I said I wasn't feeling this one on my JOBC Facebook page and a few of my JOBC Friends told me that this was a good move, so again...I'm trusting you, Theo.

Ian Stewart did have a pretty good season a few years ago and the pitcher the Rockies threw in the deal was a former first round pick...and Tyler Colvin hasn't been the same since he was impaled in the chest by a bat fragment, and DJ Lemahieu didn't impress me much last summer when he was called up...so I guess it's possible that this is a good deal.

I'll put my doubt back on the shelf for now.

I must say, trusting Cubs management is not as easy as you'd think.