Monday, September 17, 2012

Greg Kihn

Former rocker Greg Kihn has been working as a morning radio personality in San Francisco since the 90s. His radio station let him go over the weekend. From this morning's RAMP newsletter...

"After a remarkable 16-year run in mornings on Entercom Classic Rock KUFX (K-Fox 98.5/San Jose & 102.1/San Francisco), rock star-turned talented radio personality Greg Kihn is now a free agent as he exits the station. "I am unemployed, along with a large percentage of my fellow Americans, but I am an optimist," Kihn said in a statement that is posted on his website. "I believe for every door that closes others open... and I'll be back on the air soon doing what I love to do most; entertaining my loyal fans." Kihn came to national prominence in the '80s as the leader of The Greg Kihn Band, which enjoyed several big radio hits like "The Breakup Song (They Don't Write 'Em Like That)" and "Jeopardy."

I saw him perform this song in concert at the Illinois State Fair in Springfield way back in 1982 or 1983. I don't know why radio stations don't play it anymore. It's a great song...