Thursday, November 01, 2012

Benson

My old Loop colleague Dave Benson is back in the radio trade news. From the RAMP Newsletter today...

"We were pleased to learn that major market programmer Dave Benson has joined Triple A WNRN in beautiful Charlottesville, VA. Benson will certainly hit the ground running, as he will be wearing two big hats simultaneously, making him walk funny -- GM and PD of the public radio station that is owned by Stu-Comm, Inc., a Virginia non-profit, non-stock corporation..."I'm just super excited to have a '.org' email address!" an elated Benson tells RAMP. "I finally found a radio station and a locale with the right combination of ingredients," he said. "I want to work in a creative community environment where our connection with listeners is more immediate and not distorted by the ratings game. WNRN has a unique pedigree and committed staff and board of directors. I'm here to learn and help and play good music, all in one of the best cities in America." Benson can be congratulated via his super-exciting new .org email address -- dbenson@wnrn.org.

I interviewed Benson a few years back for Chicago Radio Spotlight.