Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Breitbart.com Slips

They've always been a little loosey-goosey with the truth (like those James O'Keefe videos), but this time they fell for a Daily Currant piece (an Onion-type publication) that reported Paul Krugman had to file for bankruptcy.

It could happen to anyone (I really mean that), but in this case they had just ripped the Washington Post a new one for doing the same thing. I suspect they won't respond anywhere near the way they DEMANDED the Washington Post respond when they fell for a fake Sarah Palin story.

I have a couple of issues with this whole thing. #1, it's bound to happen when you hate SO much. You just want the bad stories about your enemies to be true SO much, that you lose sight of the actual truth. And #2, maybe I'm starting to miss the whole purpose of the satire sites, but I thought satire was supposed to be funny.

Call me old school.