Monday, March 11, 2013

Traffic Reports

You can bet this study is posted at Chicago's traffic outlets this morning. From Radio-Online...



"A four-year study of PPM data conducted by Research Director with the Canadian Traffic Network reveals that the misconception that listeners change the dial when traffic reports come on is the exact opposite. Research Director's study found that traffic reports actually garner higher listening levels compared to when traffic is not being broadcast."

If my wife is any indication, this is true. As for me, I didn't listen to traffic for the twenty years I was in radio because I was always preparing the next segment during the traffic reports. So now, even though I don't have a next segment to prepare, I really need to concentrate when traffic comes on because I have a Pavlovian response to it. It's the strangest thing.

Maybe it's just the beginning stages of dementia.