Thursday, June 20, 2013

Marc Alghini

WXRT is about to lose one of their long-time staffers. That's something that doesn't happen everyday. From today's RAMP newsletter...



Marc Alghini will soon be leaving Chicago and Google-Mapping his way to Peoria, IL as the newly named PD/morning personality for Advanced Media Partners' Triple A WWCT. He replaces current PD Harry Wareing, who remains with the station as a consultant. Alghini has spent the past seven years with CBS Radio Triple A WXRT/Chicago, serving as Morning Show Producer and overnight/weekend air personality. "Marc brings a wealth of knowledge, passion, and creativity to 'CT that will impact the station from his first day; assets that will help grow the station as a whole," said Advanced Media GM Michael Rea.

The first job offer I ever got from a radio station was from WWCT. Phil Manicki (currently at the Drive) was the PD at the time, and offered me the overnight shift on the same day that Steve and Garry offered me the job to produce their show. Believe it or not, it was a tough choice for me. I think, in the long run, I made the right pick, but I've always appreciated the offer from WWCT.