Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tasteless Radio Gets the Ax

I've always said that the only thing that offends me is people that are easily offended...but, I feel like I need to add something to the list. Another thing that offends me is making fun of sick or disabled people. Why on earth would you do that? It happened in Atlanta. From Radio Ink...

Radio received national attention Monday for all the wrong reasons. But, the punishment was quick and severe. Lincoln Financial Media Atlanta Senior Vice President and General Manager Rick Mack says Nick Cellini, Chris Dimino, and Steak Shapiro, formerly known as "Mayhem in the AM," on 790-AM The Zone in Atlanta have been fired. The three were let go after making fun of former new Orleans Saints player Steve Gleason. Gleason is suffering from ALS, is in a wheelchair, and has lost most of his motor skills.

Get it? Whoa. OK, that's impossible to defend.