Wednesday, November 12, 2014

John Farneda Leaves WXRT

People simply don't leave WXRT. John Farneda has been their Operations Manager, and before that, just about every other position in the programming side of the WXRT operation for three decades. The RAMP Newsletter posted his e-mail about why he is leaving...

"After 31 years at Chicago's Finest Rock, I realized that I have achieved all my goals at the radio station and it is now time to set new ones. In 1983, I was hired as an intern to type public service announcements and schedule interviews. Since then, I have been trusted to program one of the most respected, unique and influential radio stations in the country. I have served as Assistant Program Director, Music Director and Operations Manager. I have produced/co-produced all 16 volumes of ONXRT: Live From The Archives (a compilation CD of exclusive live performances that has raised close to $1,000,000 for various charitable organizations both locally and globally). In 2015, I look forward to exploring new adventures in the music industry. I hope to share my decades of programming experience with friends wanting to innovate and entertain."

Hmmmm. That last sentence sticks out to me. I'm sure it also sticks out to the brass at WXRT.