Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Did Bill O'Reilly embellish?

He claimed he had reported from a war zone during his time in Buenos Aires, and a report in Mother Jones magazine says he had exaggered (ala Brian Williams). It all revolves his reports for CBS News at the time. O'Reilly angrily asked that the footage be released to prove his point. CBS News did release it...



You can judge for yourself if he was embellishing or not. Looks to me like a slight embellishment. Honestly, I don't think this is something worthy of taking down Bill O'Reilly.

UPDATE: I just found this tweet from Bruce Wolf, who disagrees with me.


Another UPDATE: The Washington Post examines the charges here. I think the conclusions in this article are exactly correct. He is essentially guilty as charged of embellishing, and it absolutely does not matter to his bosses.