Wednesday, February 25, 2015

O'Reilly Goes For the Jugular

The Washington Post today has a piece examining the many threats Bill O'Reilly is throwing around to anyone who dares write about his embellishment story. He said the reporter who wrote it should be "put in the kill zone" (after he called him a "guttersnipe"), and then he threatened a New York Times reporter (“I am coming after you with everything I have. You can take it as a threat.”)

People can agree or disagree with the basic premise of the article--that O'Reilly embellished. I agree he did, but I don't think it rises to the level that he should lose his job for it.

But one thing is beyond dispute: Bill O'Reilly is a dick.

UPDATE: Uh oh. There's a new story about another embellishment this morning. This one is about his Kennedy book.

UPDATE 2: I've gotten several e-mails from people who are upset with me for not demanding an O'Reilly resignation or suspension. I can't really explain why I don't think he deserves it, other than to say, I have never considered him a credible news source anyway. This isn't like Brian Williams--who I really did trust.