Monday, March 09, 2015

A 5-Star Review for "Father Knows Nothing"

Holy cow...I was blown away by this 5 star review of "Father Knows Nothing" on amazon. Thanks so much to KP Lynne! This is a better review than I would give it myself. :)

Father Knows Nothing, proves beyond a doubt, that Father really does “know best.” In spite of being a writer myself, I have a confession to make – I don’t even read my own articles, blogs, scripts or books, in one sitting, from beginning to end, or cover to cover – but the moment I opened up Father Knows Nothing, by Rick Kaempfer (Eckhartz Press, 2014) and started to scan the uproariously funny, yet heartfelt radio transcripts, contained within the introduction, I knew instantly that I was not going to be able to put this book down! Never in my life has any book moved me to roll on the floor with uproarious laugher, while simultaneously tugging at the heart in profound, meaningful ways that required an entire box of Kleenex. This book is a sparkling diamond, whether or not you have children of your own, this literary gem is a must-read book. In his own inimitable style, the author spins a captivating, humorous, yet sensitively insightful web of hysterically funny, yet poignant anecdotes, capturing readers and holding them spellbound. From cover to cover, this book is jam packed with 250 unforgettable pages of real-life, sometimes wacky, other times tear-jerking situations that actually took place in the author’s suburban Chicago home, when he switched roles with his lovely and patient wife Bridget, and became a stay-at-home dad. Frankly, I would love to see this book brought to life on stage by Second City as a series of vignettes. Better yet, it would make a rock solid TV sit-com. The Brady Bunch and Father Knows Best can’t even come close to the humor, realism, and sensitivity presented in Father Knows Nothing. Get yourself a copy today, and get an extra copy for your Dad for Father’s Day, and while you are at it, buy a third copy for your Mom for Mother’s Day. It is really THAT good! All can relate to this realistic, yet hilariously entertaining, portrayal of family life in suburban America! The title might be Father Knows Nothing, but by the time you read the final sentences, you will realize that “Father Knows Something” after all.
- K.P. Lynne