Thursday, May 19, 2016

Beat Tom & Bill

I won't be blogging tomorrow because I'll be out at the Beat Tom & Bill golf outing at White Pines golf course in Bensenville. These wacky guys do a great event every year to raise funds for families dealing with cancer. I've heard about it for years because Tom worked with me on a few songs for Just One Bad Century and the Beachwood Reporter, and one of my childhood friends was one of the recipients last year.

This year, sadly, it hits even closer to home. My cousin's son Caleb is three years old and suffering through stage 4 Neuroblastoma. His family is one of this year's recipients. They hope to raise nearly $100,000.

If you'd like to donate, or you'd still like to come to the event, here's the link. There's not just the golf outing--they also have a dinner with a wacky raffle, a wheel of meat, and more. As a member of one of the benefitting families, let me just say that we greatly appreciate the way these guys keep it light and accentuate the positive. When you're navigating through rough seas, it's a breath of fresh air.