Tuesday, July 05, 2016

The One-Disc White Album

Last night after the fireworks, my oldest son Tommy and I sat outside and listened to Beatles music. We discussed the fact that George Martin always insisted the White Album should have only been one album (not a double album). So...we listened to the whole thing and tried to cut it down to 14 songs. Try it...not an easy task. This is the list we came up with, and it includes cutting a big hit (Obla-di Obla-da), an iconic tune (Helter Skelter), and at least four other songs that I absolutely love.

1. Back in the USSR
2. Dear Prudence
3. Glass Onion
4. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
5. Happiness is a Warm Gun
6. Martha My Dear
7. I'm So Tired
8. Blackbird
9. Rocky Raccoon
10. Julia
11. Birthday
12. Mother Nature's Son
13. Sexie Sadie
14. Revolution 1

We debated this for hours, and at one point had a few others in there instead, but this is the list we finally agreed upon. What are your thoughts?