Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Gary Spears Moving Out of Town

He announced the news on Facebook over the weekend, and the RAMP newsletter has more this morning...

Major market personality Gary Spears, who is currently doing afternoon drive at CBS Radio Classic Hits WJMK (104.3 K-Hits)/Chicago took to social media to announce his impending relocation to sunny Florida next month. As Spears explained via Facebook, "Those of you who know me know that I been going to Florida for vacations now for six years, as I have a house there that I am planning on moving into this October." He added, "I guess I became a weather snob after living in L.A. for nearly 15 years and the thought of another Midwest winter doesn't thrill me." Spears' last day at K-Hits will be Friday, October 13.

He added, "I want to thank the great people in Chicago who have supported me here over the past 6+ years and my other two tours of duty in the '80s and '90s at B96." Spears joined K-Hits March 2011, first in middays, and later, shifted to afternoons. In addition to those aforementioned stints at B96/Chicago, Spears is also known and loved for his many years of service at KIIS-FM and KBIG/Los Angeles.

I interviewed Gary when he first returned to Chicago in 2011 for Chicago Radio Spotlight. You can read that here.