Thursday, November 30, 2017

Two More Creeps Revealed

Would you believe Garrison Keillor? Me neither. And to be honest, reading his story, it does sound like this could be a misunderstanding or mistake...
“I put my hand on a woman’s bare back,” he told the Star Tribune by e-mail minutes after MPR’s statement. “I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches. She recoiled. I apologized. I sent her an email of apology later and she replied that she had forgiven me and not to think about it. We were friends. We continued to be friendly right up until her lawyer called. “It’s astonishing that 50 years of hard work can be trashed in a morning by an accusation,” he said in a Facebook post Wednesday evening. “I always believed in hard work and now it feels sort of meaningless. Only a friend can hurt you this badly. I think I have to leave the country in order to walk around in public and not feel accusing glances.”

The other case seems a bit more traditional. CNN producer Teddy Davis...

State of the Union senior producer Teddy Davis was fired by the network today for his behavior in the workplace. No accusations of physical assault have been made against Davis, but an internal investigation concluded that his behavior was making multiple colleagues feel uncomfortable, enough for the network to sever ties with the producer. Said a CNN spokesperson: “A comprehensive investigation was conducted as soon as this matter was brought to our attention. The behavior attributed to Mr. Davis does not align with the standards and values of CNN and Mr. Davis is no longer with the company.”