Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Neil Diamond Retires from Touring

From this morning's RAMP newsletter...

Grammy-winning singer-songwriter Neil Diamond announced his retirement from touring due to his recent diagnosis of Parkinson's disease. On the advice of his doctors, the third leg of Diamond's 50th Anniversary tour, set to land in Australia and New Zealand in March, has been cancelled.

In a statement posted to his website, Diamond said, "It is with great reluctance and disappointment that I announce my retirement from concert touring. I have been so honored to bring my shows to the public for the past 50 years. My sincerest apologies to everyone who purchased tickets and were planning to come to the upcoming shows."

Tomorrow, Diamond will celebrate his 77th birthday, and this Sunday, January 28, The Recording Academy will honor him with its prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award.