Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Drew Horowitz Retiring

He was one of the main executives that put Eric and Kathy on the map at the Mix, and he also rose to the top of his profession in the corporate ranks. Drew Horowitz is stepping down at Hubbard. Per the RAMP Newsletter...

RAMP has confirmed that Hubbard Radio President & Chief Operating Officer Drew Horowitz will be retiring at the end of the year, closing the book on a four-decade radio career. Hubbard Chair & CEO Ginny Morris broke the news to the employees in an email that read, in part, "Drew came to Hubbard Radio as a part of our transformational acquisition of four Bonneville markets in 2011. Since that time, Drew has been instrumental in helping us further grow the company as we added clusters in Phoenix and Seattle, bolstered our cluster in St. Louis and most recently, acquired our operations in West Palm Beach." Morris added, "Like me, I know that each of you has appreciated working with and getting to know Drew both professionally and personally. And... I absolutely know that each of us has learned a great deal from Drew and not just about radio, business and leadership. I know that Drew has touched and helped many of us personally as well as professionally."

Drew tried to hire me to produce the pre-cursor to Eric and Kathy, and I turned him down. I stayed with Landecker instead. I never regretted that decision.