Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Terri Hemmert reduces role

I saw someone on Twitter refer to Terri as a pair of warm socks--something really comforting about hearing her on the radio. I don't know how Terri would feel about that description, but I knew exactly what that Tweeter meant. Robert Feder has the details...
Terri Hemmert, the Radio Hall of Famer who’s been the heart and soul of WXRT 93.1-FM for 45 years, says she is cutting back her workload at the Entercom adult album alternative station but will “continue to be proud of being part of the XRT family.”

Hemmert, 71, told colleagues in an email today that she plans to step down from her Monday-through-Friday midday shift in a few weeks and switch to “a schedule with much more flexibility.”

“After 45 years at WXRT, I’m going to figure out how to turn the record over and see what plays on the other side,” she wrote. “My doctor will be thrilled I’ll be getting eight hours of sleep a night. After all these years.”

Hemmert said she will continue to host her long-running “Breakfast with The Beatles” program on Sunday mornings and will fill in throughout the year for other on-air personalities when they’re on vacation.