Monday, September 14, 2020

Carol Marin

 One of the most respected television news reporters in Chicago is stepping down after the election this year. Robert Feder wrote a wonderful piece about her impressive career in his column today. Highly recommended.

Wisely not mentioned in the piece, the song John Landecker & I wrote for her after she resigned from Channel 5 in the late 90s during the controversy about Jerry Springer.

It was to the tune of "Oh Carol" by Neil Sedaka. I was just looking for it and couldn't find it in my files, but I remember the first stanza...


Oh Carol,

You put me through the ringer,

I can't believe you're leaving,

Because of Jerry Springer.


Before the song ended, we called her a brassy classy dame, and I also rhymed Jerry Springer with middle finger. If I find it, I'll post it.