Friday, October 02, 2020

Richard Milne

 Thanks so much to Robert Feder for his nice mention of my Richard Milne column in the Illinois Entertainer. He wrote...

Richard Milne, the humble morning star of Entercom adult album alternative WXRT 93.1-FM, gets the profile treatment from Rick Kaempfer in the October issue of Illinois Entertainer. (Here is the link.) The Chicago native and graduate of Addison Trail High School and Southern Illinois University toiled for more than three decades before moving up to the big time. “If you want to be a full-time on-air music personality, with the ability to choose not all, but a significant amount of what you play, WXRT is the pinnacle of this business,” he told Kaempfer. “To have been granted permission to turn on that microphone and say those call letters is a great honor. All that time I was waiting in the wings, I would have given an eye-tooth to be given a full-time slot, and yes I felt I deserved it, but I realized how great that full-time lineup was, and I understood the situation perfectly.”