Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Sad News

 Jim Johnson is one of the good guys in radio. Sorry to hear about this news, reported by Robert Feder this morning...

Jim Johnson, the veteran newsman who retired in 2013 after 45 years with Cumulus Media news/talk WLS 890-AM, is battling Alzheimer’s Disease. In a Facebook post Monday, his daughter, San Antonio news anchor Alexis Del Cid, wrote: “Two summers ago, my dad, my world, was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease. It is something I’ve kept private until now. With my dad’s blessing I’m posting it here because my family and I are participating in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s this Saturday, and my family is also participating in the global fundraiser to help find a cure. . . . It’s likely too late to find a cure that changes the course of my dad’s life, but if we can change the course of another life, and another family in the future, that is what matters.” Johnson, 75, who grew up in Chicago and graduated from the University of Illinois, began his career in 1968.