Monday, January 19, 2009

Kerry Wood, Class Act

I was touched by Kerry Wood's ad in the Chicago Sun Times and the Chicago Tribune.

It says...
"It has been an honor to have been a Chicago Cub for the last 13 years and to have played in the greatest ballpark, Wrigley Field. My deepest thanks go to my teammates and the Cubs organization for taking a chance on a kid from Texas and welcoming me into the Cubs family. Thank you Cubs fans, the greatest fans in all of baseball, for believing in me and supporting me over the years. I will always be proud to have been a Chicago Cub. Although I'm a member of a new 'Tribe,' I will forever be a Chicagoan."

White Sox fans have always been mystified about why Cubs fans were so loyal to Kerry Wood. This is why. Kerry Wood was, and always will be, a class act.