Monday, September 24, 2012

The 60 Minutes Interviews

I watched both candidate interviews on 60 Minutes last night, and I must say, I was impressed by the interviewers Scott Pelley and Steve Kroft. Those were not softball interviews, and both candidates looked a little nervous under the questioning. You can tell that neither one of these guys is accustomed to getting tough questions like this anymore. They better toughen up before the debates.

Of course there were a few questions I would have liked asked that weren't, and they did let them off a few times without additional follow ups (although honestly I think you could follow up a million times and they wouldn't give straight answers to a couple of questions), but there was a lot of ground to cover, and they covered nearly all of it.

I hope the moderators of the debates do this well.