Monday, April 29, 2013

The Daily Herald Features "Records Truly Is My Middle Name"

Travolta and Landecker at Woodfield Mall

Daily Herald writer Matt Arado interviewed both John Landecker and me about the book "Records Truly Is My Middle Name". The article begins this way...

It happened periodically throughout the years: Influential Chicago radio personality John Records Landecker would think about writing a memoir, then reject the idea out of hand.

"Some other radio person would do one and I'd think, maybe I should do that," Landecker said. "But then I'd think, who'd be interested in reading about me?"

After insistent prodding from his former producer, Mount Prospect resident Rick Kaempfer, Landecker finally followed through. The result is "Records Truly Is My Middle Name," a funny and brutally candid look at Landecker's life and career. The book came out in March from Eckhartz Press, the publishing company Kaempfer co-owns.

"I actually feel pretty blown away by how great the reception has been for the book," Landecker said. "I guess Rick was right."

You can read the full article here. There are also several photos from the book, and an excerpt from the book about John's famous appearance at Woodfield Mall with John Travolta.