Monday, November 25, 2013

As the Rupert Turns

Last week I was lamenting that the details of Rupert Murdoch's divorce were not revealed. It wasn't because I wanted to enjoy some Schadenfreude at Rupert's expense. It was because I've been following him for many years (ever since I researched for "$everance"), and I knew there would be some eye-opening revelations. The man's life is more interesting and dramatic than an actual soap opera (which is why I call this segment 'As the Rupert Turns').

Today the details are beginning to leak out, and wouldn't you know it? I was right. According to this report, Tony Blair is somehow a part of this story. Now keep in mind this report comes from the British tabloids, and they've been known to smear people's reputations for sport, but let's remember who made his fortune by publishing those very same British tabloids.

I may not be experiencing Schadenfreude, but how much do you want to bet that some of Rupert's (metaphorical) victims over the years are eagerly lapping up some Schadenfreude soup this morning?