Thursday, January 22, 2015

Amy Landecker in Michigan Avenue Magazine

This piece is all about Amy's Chicago upbringing (and it's worth a read--good stuff), but here is the part of the article that really grabbed my attention...

And now there’s an increasing number of TV shows and movies being shot in Chicago, too.
AL: It’s so great. My first chance to have any real on-camera experience was on Early Edition when that shot in Chicago. It’s so important for Chicago actors that shows shoot there so they get a chance to learn and build a resume. I actually have a script in development that I'm writing that takes place in Chicago, and I would love nothing more than to bring the show there and hire all of my friends.

Is there anything you can share about the script?
AL: It’s a lot about my dad and me; I’ll say that. We have a very unusual relationship. We are very close, we’ve gone through a lot together, and we have a very funny, rich relationship that I felt was ripe to be tapped.
We sent her a few copies of Records Truly is My Middle Name a few months ago, and that is being used as reference material. Wouldn't that be incredible if it was actually made into a show?