Friday, January 23, 2015

Channel 7 Lets Mike Caplan Go

After they hired Cheryl Scott, it didn't take a genius to figure out that one of the meteoroligsts was going to be leaving ABC-7 in Chicago. Caplan posted his goodbye last night on Facebook...

"Today was my last day with ABC7. The powers that be have decided to take the weather department in a direction that no longer includes me. It has been a thrill for me to be on tv in the area in which I grew up. I look forward to carving out a new chapter in my professional life, and with the support of friends and my wonderful family, I am confident wonderful challenges and opportunities lay ahead."

I don't really know Mike--I met him a few times--but I always thought he did a very solid job. It's not his fault that he isn't a very attractive young lady.