Wednesday, January 06, 2016

PD at the Drive resigns

Curtiss Johnson has resigned as the PD at the Drive (97.1 FM) after only 18 months on the job. Robert Feder printed his e-mail to the staff...

After many long conversations with Greg regarding the future of The Drive the decision has been made to part company. I’ve enjoyed my year and half here at The Drive. I’ve never worked with a nicer and more genuinely talented group of people. I will come away from the experience with many true friends, not just friends in the business. It has a been a pleasure. Thank you.

I will remain the day to day program director in the near term while a search is conducted for both my replacement and my next career opportunity.

Curtiss

Should be interesting to see what's in store for the next PD, and what direction Greg Solk is planning on taking the station. He's the one that calls the shots there. Will it become more sports-oriented (recent hires like Pete McMurray, Danny McNeil, and Mike North indicate it might be), or was this a dispute about musical direction or staffing?