Wednesday, January 06, 2016

The Babypod

When Bridget was pregnant there was a study of some kind that said babies who listened to music before birth (especially Mozart as I recall) ended up more intelligent than non-music listeners. I couldn't find the study just now when I looked for it, but I swear it was something ridiculous like that. I remember distinctly one time Bridget and I put the headphones on her tummy when she was pregnant with Tommy and we looked at each other and thought: "This is ridiculous."

Didn't do it for the other two. Although now that I think of it, Tommy's test scores are way higher than his little brothers. Hmmm.

Anyway, I bring this up because of this new product I found today. It's called the Babypod, and it plays music for fetuses. But unlike my headphone experience, the Babypod has a more direct way of delivering the music. Can you guess how it works? Let's put it this way. It tries to get a little closer to the baby. Look at the picture and use your imagination.

Slate Magazine has the details.