Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Another Great Day at Wrigley

Went to the ballgame with son #3 yesterday and we had a great time. It was a picture perfect beautiful summer night and the Cubs won. We got there almost two hours before game time, and Sean got an autograph from Mets infielder Wilmer Flores. We were there so early we got the discount on food and drinks.

We also met a nice couple from New York sitting behind us. Wrigley Field was on their bucket list, and they flew in just for the game. Sean was chatting with them all night, exchanging mini-taunts and jokes. When he went to the bathroom the woman said to me: "I just have to tell you--he has one of the most wonderful and engaging personalities I've ever encountered. You did a great job of raising him."

That's one of the nicest things someone has said to me...even though I can't really take credit for the kid's personality. He came out of the womb that way.