Thursday, February 23, 2017

Who Do You Believe?

Last week I saw a poll with opposite results, which I must admit scared me. This is more like it...

When it boils down to matters of trust, a majority of Americans say they trust the media more than President Trump, according to a new poll.

The Quinnipiac University poll, released on Wednesday, asked participants if the media or Trump "tell you the truth about important issues." The survey said that 52% of voters trust the media, with only 37% saying they trusted Trump more.

Among Democrat voters, 86% said they were more inclined to believe the media than the president, while 78% of Republican voters said that Trump tells them the truth, not the media, according to the poll.

That Republican number is still a little worrying, but I think it's more a reflection of anti-media sentiment than pro-Trump. I've had several conservations with people that started off with this assertion. When I probed deeper, they admitted that they didn't exactly trust that Trump was telling the truth. Most people see he's the king of bullshit mountain. They just think the press has a liberal bias, and that is also at least partially correct.