Friday, January 19, 2018

Howard Stern to Induct Bon Jovi into HOF

From this morning's RAMP newsletter...
Howard Stern will have the honor of inducting Bon Jovi into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at the Hall's annual ceremony on April 14 in Cleveland. That's the word from Rolling Stone, which reports that Jon Bon Jovi visited The Howard Stern Show on Wednesday morning to discuss why Howard was his top choice. "The truth is, I had hoped this day was going to come, and... initially you think about these big rock stars and the truth is, I only had one choice," Bon Jovi said to Stern. "Our careers have paralleled in a lot of ways -- whether it was the ups or the downs -- we've come through everything together and we do this at this point because we love the people we work with... and the truth is, nobody knows not only me but the members of the band as well as Howard."

Stern replied, "I'm so honored that you asked me. I'm thrilled to do it," while joking that he still wished the ceremony was happening in New York. Bon Jovi laughed and confirmed that subject of the induction being in Cleveland did come up in conversation with manager, Irving Azoff. As Bon Jovi recounted, "Irving did say to me, 'does Howard know it's in Cleveland?'"