Tuesday, January 16, 2018

That's a LOT of golfing

I love golfing. I would do it more if i could, but I'm busy. I'm a business owner, a free lance writer, and a soccer coach, so it's almost impossible to find days where I have five full hours of free time available. If all the stars align, I might get out twice this coming year, and that would make me very happy.

President Trump's schedule should make my schedule look like a piece of cake. How many times do you think he has golfed this past year? Would you believe 94 times? That's not a typo. He golfed 94 times. That's basically every three days. Retired people who live on golf courses golf less. Tiger Woods golfs less.

All presidents golf a lot. It's a stressful job, and they need to blow off steam. I get that. But before he became president, Trump tweeted 27 times bitching about Obama golfing because it infuriated him that Obama was golfing so much.

If Trump continues at his current pace, he will surpass Obama's total number of times on the golf course (over the full two terms), before the end of his first term...by about the number of times I have golfed since becoming a father.