Monday, March 18, 2013

Radio Bad Boys Settle

A few weeks ago the radio bad boy trial ended in Florida with a verdict in Bubba the Love Sponge's favor. There was talk about another lawsuit being filed regarding some shenanigans that took place during that first trial, but you'll be relieved to hear that the two parties have finally settled. Details are here.



But as the RAMP newsletter points out this morning, it's not like they are now suddenly going to make nice...

Interestingly, the settlement does not protect Schnitt from further on-air attacks from Bubba, who sounded more than eager to get back at it again, saying, "The verdict will stand... And I'll be able to light up MJ on the air." Schnitt told reporters that he was prepared for any future remarks from Bubba, as long as Clem keeps his family out of it. "I'm a public figure," Schnitt said. "You can assail me. You can attack me. You can call me a short guy, say you don't like my hair, say my show is no good. That's fair game," he said. "This has been about protecting my family. My children, primarily." Feisty right to the last, Bubba added, "I'll never take my boot off his neck, ever."

Aren't you glad you don't live in Tampa?