Thursday, March 21, 2013

The NBC Sports Radio Lineup



They may have only one station signed up to broadcast them, but the NBC Sports Radio lineup has been set. They launch in September.

I'm not going to judge the quality of the broacasters because I've never heard of them. That doesn't mean they aren't good. In fact, I think it's refreshing that they're giving somebody else a chance.

The only red flag I see is the afternoon show (my producing instincts are sounding a WARNING alarm). The show features two ex-quarterbacks (Donovan McNabb and Mark Malone). It's been my experience that one athlete may be able to handle the gig with the right coaching, but two is a step too far. I could be wrong, but I'll be surprised if I am.

It should be interesting to see if anyone else picks up the full 24/7 lineup.