Monday, October 21, 2013

Barsky

Former Z-95 morning jock (and Chicago Radio Spotlight interviewee) Paul Barsky has been undergoing some serious health issues in Florida. This past weekend he finally communicated an update to his fans on facebook...

Thought I'd check in with an update on my recovery from cervical spine fusion surgery. I had my first x-ray, and my Doc said my bones seem to be fusing and healing properly. I've been in this hard cervical neck brace for the past 8 weeks and he'd like me to be in it for a couple more before he moves me to a soft collar, which I'll be in for another two. After that, if all looks good...I'm free !

Wearing this thing 24/7 with very limited head movement, not to mention sleeping and eating in it has been a bit of a challenge, but now there's light at the end of the tunnel. Being pretty much housebound, with the exception of Dr. and physical therapy appointments, hasn't been fun either so I'm looking forward to getting myself out and about to enjoy South Florida's best weather of the year. Thanks to all who have privately e-mailed or messaged me to check up on my recovery and inquiring when I'm going to be back on the radio. My birthday is coming up in mid November, and getting back on the air doing what I love to do would be a real nice birthday gift ... Much love to you all...Barsk