Thursday, November 14, 2013

Ludicrous feedback given to script writers by TV executives

A Twitter account was started up a few years ago by a disgruntled TV writer who encouraged other disgruntled TV writers to contribute some of the ludicrous feedback given to them by TV executives. There are some great ones here...

"Our research shows women respond well to violence. Take out the lifeguard and put in the rape scene." - NBC

"I've discovered the secret to hit comedies: one word titles. Think about it...Seinfeld, The Office, The Cosby Show.." - ABC

The butt joke is insensitive towards women. (Two lines down) Please add more shots of sexy women in bikinis on the beach. - Travel

"That jacket is not conveying fear. What happened to the other jacket?" - CW

I'd love to start up one for radio too. I've heard some doozies over the years, and I'm sure my radio pals have too. Here's my personal favorite...

"Don't do the setups of the jokes. It takes too long. Just do the punchlines."

Comedians love that one.