Monday, November 11, 2013

Carla Leonardo

Sad news in the local radio world. WDRV disc jockey Carla Leonardo lost her battle with leukemia over the weekend. Larz at Chicagolandradio and media has the story.

I never actually met Carla in person, but I spoke to her on the phone, interviewed her for Chicago Radio Spotlight, and had frequent communications with her via facebook. This past summer she even gave me some vacation tips for my trip to Cape Cod (she once lived there). I was sure that she was getting better because until the very end she was posting spunky comments. (Her last was on November 6th).

If you'd like to get an idea of how she was before the disease returned, check out the Chicago Radio Spotlight interview. If you want to get a picture of bravery, read her facebook page.

UPDATE: Robert Feder's Carla obit is here.

UPDATE: Her colleague Greg Easterling's touching tribute.